Satisfy your sweet tooth with this Molten Lava cakes recipe inspired by the molten cake available at Chili’s Restaurant.
- 1 Box Cake Mix
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- Vanilla Ice Cream, for serving
- Chocolate Shell Ice Cream Topping, for serving
- Caramel Sauce, for serving
- 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 12-oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 Cups Chocolate Chips (we do half milk, half semi-sweet or all semi-sweet)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
Make the Lava Cakes:
1. In a large bowl, stir together the dry cake mix, eggs, sour cream, milk and oil.
2. Spray a large Cupcake pan with non-stick spray and evenly distribute batter 3/4 way full. Bake according to package directions.
3 .Turn the cakes out onto their tops creating a “volcano” and allow to cool.
4. Using a pairing or serrated knife gently cut a hole out of the centre without going clear to the bottom.
5. Fill with hot fudge that is cool and then slice off the bottom circle of the piece of cake you removed and place it on the hot fudge hole like a lid.
6. Freeze for 30 minutes, up to 2 days with plastic wrap over the pan of cakes.
7. Remove the cakes from the freezer and reheat in the microwave until warm, about 30 seconds.
8. Top with ice cream, caramel, and magic shell.
Make the Hot Fudge:
1. Melt all of the ingredients in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
2. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
3. Continue to boil and stir for two minutes.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and continue to stir for one minute.
5. Allow the fudge sauce to cool.
Make the Magic Shell:
1. Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl along with the coconut oil and slowly heat for 30 second intervals, stirring often until melted.
2. Serve over cold ice cream and it will harden.
Recipe & Images courtesy Oh Sweet Basil: a blog run by husband and wife Carrian and Cade, who cook, bake, and enjoy time together in the kitchen.
For more visit: https://ohsweetbasil.com/
Alina, is passionate about food (especially desserts), books, DIY & coffee! 😊. She loves writing and expressing her opinions in whichever way she could. Living in the UAE for the past 27 years she is an Interior Design by degree, and also a mom to an adorable 8-year-old girl. Not on social media, you can reach her via her email: email@example.com