Looking for something sweet and salty at the same time? Then try out this Salted Caramel Chocolate Covered Pretzels recipe that we have hunted down especially for you; you will surely love it!
- 1 (14 ounce) bag of caramels unwrapped (or caramel bits)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) bag of pretzels use your favourite size/shape
- 12 ounces milk semi-sweet or dark chocolate, melted
- Flaky sea salt for topping
1. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine the caramels and cream in a saucepan over low heat. Melt stirring occasionally, until smooth, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
3. Dip each pretzel in the caramel and remove with a fork allowing any excess to drip off and back into the pan. Place each pretzel on the prepared baking sheet and let the caramel set, about 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl on 30 second intervals, stirring after each until melted and smooth.
5. Dip each pretzel in chocolate and return to the parchment lined baking sheets. Repeat with the remaining pretzels. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Place the pretzels in the freezer to set for 10 minutes.
– Can be stored in an air-tight container for up to 1 week.
Recipe & Images courtesy Half-baked Harvest: a blog run by Tieghan, who hopes to inspire a love for food in others, as well as the courage to try something new.
For more visit: https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/
Alina, is passionate about food (especially desserts), books, DIY & coffee! 😊. She loves writing and expressing her opinions in whichever way she could. Living in the UAE for the past 27 years she is an Interior Design by degree, and also a mom to an adorable 8-year-old girl. Not on social media, you can reach her via her email: email@example.com